Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Koikmaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
Hello Everyone, i had an accident with my macbook pro 13 inch 2014 A1502, it got a little wet, i turned it off, opened it and cleaned everything, but still...the logic board got ruined, now it wont charge, tho everything else is working ok.
I did almost everything to make it work, verified that the magsafe and the battery was working. (I also reset the SMC)
I have two macbooks so i switched everything trying to figure out what was wrong. Im sure its the board. So I have two options.
  1. buy a new or used logic board, which is like almost buying a new computer. or
  2. figure out a way to charge the battery (cause while its charged the computer works fine, it only doesnt charge)
So my question is, has anyone done it? bypass the logic board only to charge the battery, the idea is to connect little cables to the 9 pins the battery has (my guess is 3 are -, 3 middle are for info, 3 to the right are +) and take them to a external power source withe the voltage that they need....

Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.