Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Waski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
I am the owner of macbook pro 2016 with radeon pro 460 and 2,6 base processor option.

After installing windows 10 via bootcamp I've noticed poor graphic performance comparing to what I saw in internet for same macbooks with radeon 460 so I've run a 3DMark06 and the results was terrible... 18000- 20000 points vs 26700 points claimed by notebookcheck. Ofcourse I made sure to set power plan to high performance and connect power adapter. I have also tried radeon drivers from http://www.bootcampdrivers.com but that's all were for nothing and result remain unchanged at 20000. points which is about 25% less than normal and it is even less than for the same computer but radeon 450 which is able to achieve about 25000. I have no more ideas what can be the root cause of this failure... and gaming performance is also terrible in compare to notebookcheck.com results, where they provided average fps for certain games with certain graphic settings.

Should I consider to bring it back to service or there is something that I potentially missing and it can be easily fixed by changing windows settings?

Waski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
I'd think it's a gpu driver issue.
I've tried both bootcamp gpu driver (installed by default) and the bootcampdrivers.com driver and in every case the result was the same so I think that driver issue can be excluded ;/.

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
In windows 10 click on search windows and type in "dxdiag" click and run to see if there are any problems/conflicts listed. Does it show you're running the 460? Also make sure your up to date on the most recent Microsoft .NET framework updates. Newer GPU drivers will conflict with older .NET framework versions.

Last edited:

Waski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
In windows 10 click on search windows and type in "dxdiag" click and run to see if there are any problems/conflicts listed. Does it show you're running the 460? Also make sure your up to date on the most recent Microsoft .NET framework updates. Newer GPU drivers will conflict with older .NET framework versions.

Just did it, and show "no problem found" for every section. I've also checked for new updates in windows updates center but was anything to download and indicate that I have a current system version.

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Just did it, and show "no problem found" for every section. I've also checked for new updates in windows updates center but was anything to download and indicate that I have a current system version.

Can't really think of much else. Are you sure it's a 460 and not a 455, or 450? in windows 10 search if you click "device manager" and click the tab "display adapters" does it show a 460? Maybe you should take it in. something isn't right.

Waski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Can't really think of much else. Are you sure it's a 460 and not a 455, or 450? in windows 10 search if you click "device manager" and click the tab "display adapters" does it show a 460? Maybe you should take it in. something isn't right.
Yes, I am absolutely sure, both windows device manager and max os "about this mac" showing radeon pro 460. I have also run out of ideas on what can be the cause of this. Just thinking theoretically even if I would have 450 the benchmark result still would be abnormally low, which is even more disturbing. I always could easily achieve the results in 3dmarks same as in notebookcheck on every previous devices that I had but this one. That is why I suspect that something is certainly wrong with it.

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Yes, I am absolutely sure, both windows device manager and max os "about this mac" showing radeon pro 460. I have also run out of ideas on what can be the cause of this. Just thinking theoretically even if I would have 450 the benchmark result still would be abnormally low, which is even more disturbing. I always could easily achieve the results in 3dmarks same as in notebookcheck on every previous devices that I had but this one. That is why I suspect that something is certainly wrong with it.

One last thing you could do is try installing the drivers directly from AMD. See if it will detect your card and install, then reboot and see if it changes. Other then that sorry man.

Waski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
One last thing you could do is try installing the drivers directly from AMD. See if it will detect your card and install, then reboot and see if it changes. Other then that sorry man.

Tried this as well but did not help at all. Today I will be at Apple service provider so let's see what they say.

Reactions: darksithpro
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.