Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mavencrew101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2019
Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 2017 15in, Configure to order model, A1707, 3.1Ghz, 16GB, 1TB running MacOS Mojave 10.14.5. I've been using this machine for over 6 months now and it worked completely fine. Lately I went on vacation for a week and didn't use it. When I tried to turn it on later the keyboard and trackpad become unresponsive. Upon trackpad click it produces strange noises/beeps (I can share a video if it helps) I've attached external mouse and keyboard and it worked fine. I reset the NVRAM/PRAM and SMC several times but didn't help. Now every time I left the computer idle for a few seconds it freezes but come back after a few seconds like 15-20. I know it's not a huge problem but it interferes my work and bothers me a lot, does anyone have any suggestions? I don't even know if this is a software issue or hardware problem? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Make a backup. Wipe, and from a fresh install see if the clean system (ie., nothing restored) acts strange.

Have you run the hardware test?

StralyanPithecus

macrumors 6502
Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 2017 15in, Configure to order model, A1707, 3.1Ghz, 16GB, 1TB running MacOS Mojave 10.14.5. I've been using this machine for over 6 months now and it worked completely fine. Lately I went on vacation for a week and didn't use it. When I tried to turn it on later the keyboard and trackpad become unresponsive. Upon trackpad click it produces strange noises/beeps (I can share a video if it helps) I've attached external mouse and keyboard and it worked fine. I reset the NVRAM/PRAM and SMC several times but didn't help. Now every time I left the computer idle for a few seconds it freezes but come back after a few seconds like 15-20. I know it's not a huge problem but it interferes my work and bothers me a lot, does anyone have any suggestions? I don't even know if this is a software issue or hardware problem? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Check if you battery is not expanded and pushing the trackpad, could be the first symptom of a damaged battery.

mavencrew101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2019
Make a backup. Wipe, and from a fresh install see if the clean system (ie., nothing restored) acts strange.

Have you run the hardware test?
Hardware Diagnostic test?
[doublepost=1563645182][/doublepost]
Check if you battery is not expanded and pushing the trackpad, could be the first symptom of a damaged battery.
yeah, it could happen because I'm at 902 battery cycles now, how can I check if my battery is expanded or not, do I have to open it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.