Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inrbt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2024
I would like to know if anyone can recommend a Local (west Covina CA.) independent technician that can clean up my Macbook Pro, I would like to remove unused apps and duplicate photos etc to get my MB, running like new again.
Thanks in advance for your responses
Rob

inrbt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2024
I would like to know if I can get recommendations for some type of software that would clean up unused apps, duplicate photos and other memory consuming applications ETC,ETC
rob

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
You can easily do this yourself. For Photos there's Gemini, or (even better) PhotoSweeper X. For App removal I recommend AppCleaner App. Both have a simple and clean interface. But unless you're running out of storage space, it sounds like you may be talking about having other issues?

inrbt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2024
You can easily do this yourself. For Photos there's Gemini, or (even better) PhotoSweeper X. For App removal I recommend AppCleaner App. Both have a simple and clean interface. But unless you're running out of storage space, it sounds like you may be talking about having other issues?
No you are correct, I'm running out of Icloud storage space, no other issues that Im aware of

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Download DiskWave from here:
It's small in size and free.

Open DiskWave and go to the preferences.
Put a checkmark in "show invisible files".
Close preferences.

The DiskWave window shows you all your volumes and drives in plain English (no ridiculous graphical formats).
Click on any item "on the left". Give it time to "digest".
Now, look to the right, you'll see what's ON the volume, listed in order of "largest to smallest".
You can easily locate what's eating up your space.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Backup. Then reformat and reinstall macOS. Clean start and selectively reinstall wanted apps and your data files. Easier than trusting 3rd-party apps to do it for you the way you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.