Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleissue12345

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2020
Hi, I have a new MacBook Pro 2019 128GB.

I bought it less than 3 months ago and Apple have had to already replace the LCD screen due to lines across the screen (no accidental damage, just hardware defect - Flexgate). After receiving the MacBook back after being repaired, it is now over heating to the point it is shutting itself down.

The MacBook will become warm after 20 minutes of use, after several hours of use of simply browsing the internet it will shut itself down. I can't hear the fans anymore. I did not have this issue before the LCD screen was replaced and the MacBook itself is on a flat desk at all times.

I rang Apple support who checked the Diagnostics and when it came to the fan checks, they seemed to be working fine - in fact it sounded like they were going to explode, they were that noisy. I now am having to send the MacBook back for repairs but I have been told I run the risk of them not being able to find a fault as nothing showed on Diagnostics whilst checking over the phone and I was told I run the risk of them not finding any fault.

I don't think this is normal for a 3 month old product I have been advised that Apple will not replace the model and keep insisting that they can only repair and not replace. I'm really not happy with the current model due to its history, and if stores were open I would expect a refund or replacement, the product is clearly not fit for purpose and I have not been able to use the product for 3 weeks and counting..

Has anyone else had any similar experience with MacBook Pro 2019?

I'm really not happy with the situation.

Rednow

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2020
If it’s something you paid thousands for, I would not stop trying and convince them that there’s an issue wi the laptop and that it needs to be fixed or replaced.

Rockbottom14

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2021
Bekasi - Surabaya
Hi, I have a new MacBook Pro 2019 128GB.

I bought it less than 3 months ago and Apple have had to already replace the LCD screen due to lines across the screen (no accidental damage, just hardware defect - Flexgate). After receiving the MacBook back after being repaired, it is now over heating to the point it is shutting itself down.

The MacBook will become warm after 20 minutes of use, after several hours of use of simply browsing the internet it will shut itself down. I can't hear the fans anymore. I did not have this issue before the LCD screen was replaced and the MacBook itself is on a flat desk at all times.

I rang Apple support who checked the Diagnostics and when it came to the fan checks, they seemed to be working fine - in fact it sounded like they were going to explode, they were that noisy. I now am having to send the MacBook back for repairs but I have been told I run the risk of them not being able to find a fault as nothing showed on Diagnostics whilst checking over the phone and I was told I run the risk of them not finding any fault.

I don't think this is normal for a 3 month old product I have been advised that Apple will not replace the model and keep insisting that they can only repair and not replace. I'm really not happy with the current model due to its history, and if stores were open I would expect a refund or replacement, the product is clearly not fit for purpose and I have not been able to use the product for 3 weeks and counting..

Has anyone else had any similar experience with MacBook Pro 2019?

I'm really not happy with the situation.
Hi, i have the similar issue as yours. Did you paid for the repaired? Because my MBA is being used just 1,5 months, and that incident happens, now the AASP keep telling me i should paid for the repairment for about $500. This is very dissapointing and frustirating. If i knew this incident happened alot, i wouldnt choose apple for my laptop :/.

And now how is your MBP condition? Are you still using it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.