Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnexe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2022
We've heard that new 2021 macs with MiniLED have terrible pixel response time and ghosting - video

I have Macbook Air M1 and Macbook pro 2020 i5. And Pro in comparison to Air also has terrible ghosting! I can definitely see it! Air seems to be the best in class somehow, super snappy!

For those who own BOTH 2021 Macbook Pro 16/14 and Macbook Air M1 2020
Could you please compare the screens side by side ?

Do you notice a difference in ghosting/smearing when scrolling or dragging windows around in dark mode (It's usually more noticeable in DM) Just like in that video

I really want the new 16 inch 2021 Mac, but spending so much money for something that I might regret bugs me!

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
The ghosting on the Pro screens has been measurably poor for a long time. If it really bothers you on your 2020 i5, you're not likely to be less bothered with the new 16". It's about the same at 60Hz, possibly worse according to NotebookCheck, though some think it's better at 120Hz. I don't notice it myself in 99% of what I do, but people have varying degrees of sensitivity to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.