Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M235i

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017
New Jersey
Hello MacRumors community!

I got another issue, this time regarding an early 2008 MacBook Pro 4,1 and loosely, a PowerBook G4 12".
I just got a few macs for free, a MacBook Pro 4,1 (early 2008); iMac5,1 (late 2006); PowerBook6,4 (PowerBook G4 12" 1.33); and an PowerBook6,7 (iBook G4 12" 1.33). All but the iBook had the HDD's removed. Going through the computers, the MacBook Pro was charging fine with both 60 and 85 watt Magsafe adapters, but powering up only lead to the front led indicator slowly pulsing, and the optical drive running its typical self test. Removing the battery leads to the Mac not doing anything at all, and also leaving the lights off on the magsafe indicator. A few google searches later allowed me to find an SMC reset, but it only turns the fans on at full speed. No indicator lights, and no screen power. The RAM chips are all seated and there is some heat coming from them after a few minutes. Taking off the keyboard to put a hdd shows that everything, connectors or otherwise are seated properly. I have worked on this for the past few hours now, and I need to see if you guys an think of anything as well.

Thank You!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.