Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnRckr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2023
Hey everyone,
I want to ask those who are regularly using a MacBook for their work and entertainment, and an Android phone - is it doable? What features do you miss on? I know iPhone is the core of Apple ecosystem and I recently purchased a MacBook as my main device (16inch, M3 Pro) but I just don’t like iPhones, and so I am thinking to switch to the new S24 Ultra, but don’t know how my work flow would be impacted, what would I miss and so on..
any tips appreciated

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
I would think the seamless transition between devices, would be what one might miss. Example, using Safari or Messages on both devices, easily. For me personally, the ease of using Messages from either my iOS, iPadOS or macOS, does make things 'simple'.

However, I do think it would work just fine. You may have to modify some of the applications that you use.
I use Apple Notes, a lot. So, if I ever switched from an iPhone, I would either have to go back to using OneNote, or start using Apple Notes via iCloud.com.

Reactions: JohnRckr

JohnRckr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2023
I would think the seamless transition between devices, would be what one might miss. Example, using Safari or Messages on both devices, easily. For me personally, the ease of using Messages from either my iOS, iPadOS or macOS, does make things 'simple'.

However, I do think it would work just fine. You may have to modify some of the applications that you use.
I use Apple Notes, a lot. So, if I ever switched from an iPhone, I would either have to go back to using OneNote, or start using Apple Notes via iCloud.com.
Right… So I would have to switch from Apple Photos to Google Photos, Apple notes to google notes and so on..

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Right… So I would have to switch from Apple Photos to Google Photos, Apple notes to google notes and so on..
...that is one idea. Better still, start thinking of generic applications, that you can use on ANY mobile device. Thus, if you decide later to switch, the move would be easier.

Before I started to use all things Apple, I used:
  1. OneNote for Notes
  2. Apple Photos synced to Google Photos
  3. Google Chrome
  4. Microsoft Office apps (Word, Excel, Outlook)

Reactions: JohnRckr

JohnRckr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2023
...that is one idea. Better still, start thinking of generic applications, that you can use on ANY mobile device. Thus, if you decide later to switch, the move would be easier.
Which for example?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.