Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
I have just order my macbook pro for £1,435.85 that is including educational discount and applecare, does anyone know whether my eyetv dtt will work on it.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
How did you spec it out? Even with edu discount that seems v.cheap.

Here in Ireland that £1,435 equates to €2,086 Euro..

The macbookpro 1.67ghz duo with no additional specs +applecare is €2,375 Euro..

Thats €300 Euro difference??

update----

Just checked both sites, the macbookpro 1.83 is £1636 = €2375 approx yet on Irish site they charge €175 Extra... Is there anyway of purchasing from the uk?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
kos said:
I have just order my macbook pro for £1,435.85 that is including educational discount and applecare, does anyone know whether my eyetv dtt will work on it.
You understand that nobody here can do anything except make a completely uninformed guess?
You need to ask this question of the developer, ElGato. Please post back the answer when you get it.

kos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
I ordered through the phone, i intially tried to order on the website but it didnt work, so i rang up the free phone number went throught education and ask what are the prices for macbook pro and the imac, the bloke asked me if i am in education and i said newcastle univercity (i study business management) then he said i can off you a really good price for either one, when i heard the price i ordered stright away the standard config 1.67, he offered 1gb of ram for £57 but i declinded as i think it take longer to ship if i want a custom config, applecare was £220, however this is the wierd thing he didnt ask me to prove that i am a student so you could try and ring up and get the education discount, but i have ordered before so maybe i already verified as a student.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
kos said:
I ordered through the phone, i intially tried to order on the website but it didnt work, so i rang up the free phone number went throught education and ask what are the prices for macbook pro and the imac, the bloke asked me if i am in education and i said newcastle univercity (i study business management) then he said i can off you a really good price for either one, when i heard the price i ordered stright away the standard config 1.67, he offered 1gb of ram for £57 but i declinded as i think it take longer to ship if i want a custom config, applecare was £220, however this is the wierd thing he didnt ask me to prove that i am a student so you could try and ring up and get the education discount, but i have ordered before so maybe i already verified as a student.

Thanks.. I've orderd over the phone from the Irish Edu store before. I think I'll give them a ring later and see what I can barter for :)

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I just checked the latest EyeTV binary and it is compiled for PowerPC not Universal. You might want to email Elgato as suggested above and ask when/if they will be supporting the Intel Macs.

kos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
yeh it a pretty good price, it would be even cheaper if you where to purchase it in america!! in the uk we are getting ripped of in america you can buy for for just over £1100 with the current exchange rate and that is not including education discount so in america buying it would cost around £800 with educational discount i think? I was going to wait till i went to hong kong to buy it but i need a laptop now so ill bit the bullet, i know that once i get it its either gonna go cheaper or a new one will come out lol it always happens hehe i think i might email them once i get it.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
EyeTV told me via email they are not officially supporting EyeTV under Rosetta yet because the more intensive tasks of the program might struggle. They just seemed unsure, and they said they didn't have a target date for universal binaries, but were working on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.