Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Can't seem to get the $7 to work. All I Get is a pop up with

Special Offer for Friends
Get an instant $7 off your order. Rickshaw Bagworks – loved by MacWorld, Pantone, Google and Béhance.Unavailable

Deal Expires in 2 Days, 22 Hours, 16 Minutes, 10 Seconds

How Does This Coupon Work?

Use this code at checkout for an instant $7 off your transaction.
Questions ?
Contact Us
support@curebit.com
1061 Market Street, Suite 514, San Francisco, CA 94103

And then a Proceed button which nothing happens. :(

XxWestinxX

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2011
Can't seem to get the $7 to work. All I Get is a pop up with

Special Offer for Friends
Get an instant $7 off your order. Rickshaw Bagworks – loved by MacWorld, Pantone, Google and Béhance.Unavailable

Deal Expires in 2 Days, 22 Hours, 16 Minutes, 10 Seconds

How Does This Coupon Work?

Use this code at checkout for an instant $7 off your transaction.
Questions ?
Contact Us
support@curebit.com
1061 Market Street, Suite 514, San Francisco, CA 94103

And then a Proceed button which nothing happens. :(

Hit proceed

When you checkout see if it applies it by the time you get to the payment page

Should be automatic

...if not. Worst case just email them after you order and say it didn't take the $7 off and they should credit you back 7

Last edited:

garfey

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2012
Southampton, UK
I'm actually quite tempted to make my own sleeve for it at the time being - got the measurements and the mother in law has a sewing machine so was going to get some fleece material and give it ago :D

Jnava420

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Colcasac Black

Just ordered one as well, I bet there seeing some kinda increase because of this post it seems like this is the one we all favor....thanks for the $6 off for whoever first posted the code

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
This one from Tumi is great because it has a laptop compartment plus space for just enough other stuff while also being very slim and compact. The middle zipper pocket on the bottom is perfect for the 85w Mag Safe charger. It's not cheap though.

http://www.tumi.com/product/index.jsp?c=1114135&productId=4209926

Ugh, why'd you have to post that? I've been looking around for a new bag but haven't been wanting to spend much (considering I just dropped 2k on the rMBP) and now you have me drooling out the mouth at a $300 bag... :mad:

Shacklebolt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2004
Been a fan of SFbags Waterfield Design since 2005.
The classic:
http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases-mac.php

The one I'm getting:
http://youtu.be/BP_ozxSM_xU
http://www.sfbags.com/products/cityslicker-macbookair-case/cityslicker-macbookair.php
Both TSA checkpoint friendly.

They have many other quality products as well.

SFbags Waterfield Design are super-meh to me. I had one for my previous MBP as well. Kinda bulky means a bit too big to fit into a larger bag, which would be fine except there's no place in the case to put your power cord except _very_ uncomfortably bulging out of the one random pocket in the back.

Way better options out there, IMO.

golu14

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Delhi, India
I just brought this wonderful sleeve for 65.58$ including international shipping.(used coupon newmbp15)

http://www.colcasac.com/macbook-sleeve/juan-valdez-macbook-sleeve/

But will i get this same design? It made of real coffee sacks which are all different. so will i get a different design or this same? It does not mention anywhere about it on the whole website.
I googled it and people have different designs and similar ones too?

JoshJosh117

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
SFbags Waterfield Design are super-meh to me. I had one for my previous MBP as well. Kinda bulky means a bit too big to fit into a larger bag, which would be fine except there's no place in the case to put your power cord except _very_ uncomfortably bulging out of the one random pocket in the back.

Way better options out there, IMO.

What do you prefer?

The "Dude"

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2011
Anyone have experience with this bag? I've started looking for a new backpack and this one seems to have everything I need.

I'm curious about people's experience with the build quality and size.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.thule.com/en-US/CA/Products/Luggage/DaypacksAndMessengers/Crossover-25L-MacBook-Backpack-_-_-Black

I just received a Thule bag in the mail today. It's not the backpack style, but the briefcase looking one (it's available at the Apple online store). I'd link to it but it's a pain as I'm on my phone.

Great build quality and fits my rMBP perfectly. Also has storage for an iPad and laptop accessories. It's got a semi-rigid rubbery outer shell...seems extremely protective. I'd recommend it if you aren't tied to the backpack form factor.

As for all-around backpacks, the North Face Recon is also a great option. I've had mine for 5 years. It's lasted through many camping trips and it's in virtually the same shape as when I bought it. It also has a padded laptop pocket inside.

Last edited:

treminaor

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2009
The keyboard is the same as the previous 15", only difference is that the eject key is now the power button. Aside from that, the dimension are the same. Moshi's website has listed their keyboard overlay as compatible with the rMBP, but have not yet confirmed the track guard or palm guard as being compatible.

Despite advertising the Clearguard as being rMBP compatible, I returned the one I ordered today because I was totally unsatisfied with the fit. Here is the email I sent Moshi:

I recently received my Mosh Clearguard MB keyboard cover which I ordered for use with my new Retina Macbook Pro... your site advertises that this keyboard cover fits this keyboard but I am not satisfied with the fit. It slides around as I type, there is a gap between the surface of the keys and the surface of the Clearguard, and the right and left edges of the cover don't sit flush with the keys because the cover is not cut to the right length. Due to the incorrect fit and the gaps between the two surfaces it is very difficult to type (I have to practically pound the keys down) and the cover slides off the keys frequently as I type. I have used keyboard covers before, so I know how they should feel - this is totally wrong.

I would like to return this keyboard cover please, and I would kindly suggest that you re-measure for the new Retina Macbook Pro as the old model's fit is not right for this one, contrary to what your site says.

xciteboy

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2006
Has anyone heard of a rMBP bag that is slim but has a built in pocket to securely fit an iPad?

thetechteen

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Just ordered one from rickshaw

If you google them with google offer they have a offer for $30 for $60

plus you can stack their $5 email signup coupon

Got a journal book and a case for $30 shipped

solid deal

Ordered mine on the 22nd after looking online for coupons and only finding a free ground shipping. : / Called them and left a message to see if they'll honor it.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I decided to go with a Pack&Smooch (expensive >.<) rMBP sleeve. It's water repellent and extremely aesthetic.

[url=http://s7.directupload.net/images/120626/temp/pen3q8tz.jpg]Image[/URL]

via. http://www.pack-smooch.com/en/shop/apple-laptop-sleeve-air-hampshire/greylight-brown

I suppose it depends on your idea of aesthetic ;)

Looks generally 'old fashioned', that isn't always a bad thing but seems to be the style you'd expect for an older businessman. You may fit into that demographic so that isn't a bad thing.

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England
I suppose it depends on your idea of aesthetic ;)

Looks generally 'old fashioned', that isn't always a bad thing but seems to be the style you'd expect for an older businessman. You may fit into that demographic so that isn't a bad thing.

I think the whole 'felt n leather' thing has kind of had it's day, Etsy makers brought it, some tried to take it mass market, all looking a bit old now IMO.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I think the whole 'felt n leather' thing has kind of had it's day, Etsy makers brought it, some tried to take it mass market, all looking a bit old now IMO.

I'd never seen it before but if someone really likes the felt look, it does look like there are some options on Etsy that don't look like you raided your grandfather's closet and tore one of his suits apart to make a sleeve

like this doesn't look bad:
il_570xN.344820265.jpg

I wouldn't buy a felt one for myself though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.