Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freeskier989

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2007
ColcaSac Make Good

Well i got my replacement ColcoaSac for the misfitting one, and the new one fits great. This is what i was expecting, slides in easy, perfect flush fit. Below are pictures, also received at the same time my new backpack, the North Face Surge. Has a laptop compartment, plenty of room, and quality build. Both pieces will make for a great protection/transportation solution.

finalimage1.jpg

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
I now have a NorthFace Surge as my backpack for my laptop. Incase sleeve for my sleeve for the rMBP. Then a carry around is the Timbuk2 Control briefcase.

OokHHmmijtPonRZ7JLUxPlHiAAUWtdHhnHw8CTZ-hNbhb1vPfW5d15yP2_dQEKckXyKh0Oct4oXw83kGMgBax6FFyua_R1i0w2srZTyiSX-QOsxer2AEhlB8WVNkDZcZV0KuwXMldZqMJSbo6kfCQ-fG--gIJaQK38_xA0HBfwSCKIRUE8xoLR7PFB0BY_SgF9pOzUHGTA

11310001_15119924_200.jpg

Timbuk2_Control_Laptop_Case.jpg

JesseW6889

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2010
Has anyone heard of a rMBP bag that is slim but has a built in pocket to securely fit an iPad?

Yes! I just ordered an Incase Campus Pack from ebags who have a 25% discount right now + free shipping for shop runner or orders over $100 (otherwise it's $7.95)

It seems like a super simple, no nonsense bag and it's gotten almost perfect reviews (4.7 of 5.0) plus it's cheap!

They have them in black for $45 and red and brown on clearance for $37.50. (regularly $60)

Pics are linked to ebags or just google 'incase campus pack'

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
Well i got my replacement ColcoaSac for the misfitting one, and the new one fits great. This is what i was expecting, slides in easy, perfect flush fit. Below are pictures, also received at the same time my new backpack, the North Face Surge. Has a laptop compartment, plenty of room, and quality build. Both pieces will make for a great protection/transportation solution.

I bought this same one 3 days ago for my husband and for when we travel. Wonderful purchase!
NorthFace stores are running a sale with 25 percent off. So we got it for about 100.00 give or take.

freeskier989

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2007
I bought this same one 3 days ago for my husband and for when we travel. Wonderful purchase!
NorthFace stores are running a sale with 25 percent off. So we got it for about 100.00 give or take.

I got mine from Sunny Sports $79.95 shipped. Great backpack, well made and will last for some time.

pexel

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2008
Any recommendations for a bag / messenger that can also hold a small sized lunch box and water bottle?

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012

Attachments

• 31A6s3lrLbL._AA300_.jpeg
    31A6s3lrLbL._AA300_.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 5,957
  • 41DnD0rqejL._AA300_.jpeg
    41DnD0rqejL._AA300_.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 5,965
  • 41Ovlvoyd1L._AA300_.jpeg
    41Ovlvoyd1L._AA300_.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 5,956
  • nprnslmslv_blk03.jpeg
    nprnslmslv_blk03.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

d3bruts1d

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2009
TN
I received my sleeve early this week and I did notice that the sides of the sleeve were narrower on mouth of the sleeve down to the bottom of the sleeve. The reason I'm asking is because I haven't received my rmbp yet and I'd like to know if I might have issues with the sleeve.
Did it look like this, because that's what mine looks like maybe except a bit more narrower sides.
<snip>

Thanks for your help!

Mine wasn't that bad, but that is how I have to put my rMBP in the sleeve. If the sleeve was just ever so slightly wider, I think it'd be great.

Camwin

macrumors regular
May 24, 2012
I need a good hard case and palm guard for sure. Any brand out there?

As I know of, there's only 1 hard case out... But its from an unknown/unproven company, and from the pictures obviously doesn't have cut outs where the new fan ports are.

ejisfun

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Hard cases generally take much longer to release because they take much more time to make; it takes a lot of revisions to get all of the ports in the exact positions and to ensure everything fits and snaps on correctly.

Shaunyac

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2012
South Wales, UK
I received my sleeve early this week and I did notice that the sides of the sleeve were narrower on mouth of the sleeve down to the bottom of the sleeve. The reason I'm asking is because I haven't received my rmbp yet and I'd like to know if I might have issues with the sleeve.
Did it look like this, because that's what mine looks like maybe except a bit more narrower sides.

Thanks for your help!

That's lovely! How are you finding it? Would you say it offers any protection from a small drop? How about cooling? They say the fabric is breathable, is it ok to put a warm rmbp in? :)

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
That's lovely! How are you finding it? Would you say it offers any protection from a small drop? How about cooling? They say the fabric is breathable, is it ok to put a warm rmbp in? :)

Most sleeves aren't designed for a drop. Just the other day someone mentioned that they were testing a sleeve that was designed for drops, by dropping their MBP in it. It ended up cracking the screen.

Basically, don't drop your computer :) Sleeves are really to provide protection from dust, scratches and some absorption. If you plan to be really hard on your devices and expect a drop, you should look into something like a pelican case.

Shaunyac

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2012
South Wales, UK
Most sleeves aren't designed for a drop. Just the other day someone mentioned that they were testing a sleeve that was designed for drops, by dropping their MBP in it. It ended up cracking the screen.

Basically, don't drop your computer :) Sleeves are really to provide protection from dust, scratches and some absorption. If you plan to be really hard on your devices and expect a drop, you should look into something like a pelican case.

Yeah I don't intend on dropping my rmbp when it gets here! :p But some of the cases are marketed as cushioning the force of a drop slightly, just wondering if the padding inside helps at all, I'm not sure what case I want to get, don't think I'll be taking it out too much so a sleeve should suffice. :)

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
Yeah I don't intend on dropping my rmbp when it gets here! :p But some of the cases are marketed as cushioning the force of a drop slightly, just wondering if the padding inside helps at all, I'm not sure what case I want to get, don't think I'll be taking it out too much so a sleeve should suffice. :)

If you want more protection than a standard sleeve, I'd look at this:
http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0300

There are some others on the market but most aren't designed for drops.

zerotiu

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Just bought this from etsy.. need the sleeve for airport scan. Most of the officers adjust the laptop on the tray very harsh
il_fullxfull.350886066.jpg

jwhite878

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2010
I bought a Thule attaché case (http://store.apple.com/us/product/H7058ZM/A/thule-attache-case-for-macbook-pro) and it's awesome. I wanted a little more protection for my rMBP, and this provides it. I'll be bringing it to school every day, and I'll inevitably bang it against walls in the hall, and accidentally performing other abuse. This case is semi-rigid, meaning it's about halfway between a bag and a brief case. It won't give unless you REALLY hit it, meaning it will keep the laptop safe in most situations. It has a strap that keeps the laptop secure, and it also has space for chargers, accessories, and an iPad (or papers if your bank account can't handle any further abuse after the Retina MBP :D). I highly recommend it, unless you want a less bulky bag or sleeve. If that's the case, Incase has a nice bag with handles.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.