Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brianmowrey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2020
Today I set about trying to independently verify my machine's firmware is current for the first time. The only way to do this, since Apple no longer publishes ROM version info, is if someone has put a wiki up. Couldn't find one for MBP.

Does anyone know of a BootROM wiki for MBPs? Shouldn't macrumors be the place where there is one (like over at the Mac Pro forum)?

Also: I'm on a MBP 9,2 and have 233.0.0.0.0 and 2.2f38 - if anyone with the 2020-005 security update has something different, lmk pls and ty.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Today I set about trying to independently verify my machine's firmware is current for the first time. The only way to do this, since Apple no longer publishes ROM version info, is if someone has put a wiki up. Couldn't find one for MBP.

Does anyone know of a BootROM wiki for MBPs? Shouldn't macrumors be the place where there is one (like over at the Mac Pro forum)?

Also: I'm on a MBP 9,2 and have 233.0.0.0.0 and 2.2f38 - if anyone with the 2020-005 security update has something different, lmk pls and ty.

brianmowrey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2020
Saw that. It's a cut-and-paste of the now Archived Apple guide.
Oh! No it's not. It's just that I googled to the oldest version on that blog, so when I saw this one I thought it was the same!

Thank you so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.