Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srmonina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2018
MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013 - For about a month now, while I am setting events on my calendar, suddenly as I type, each letter becomes highlighted, and of course, erased as I type the next letter -- at the end of a word, there is nothing typed because it has become erased. This is happening ONLY with the calendar application. It happens randomly; I may have been using the application for an hour, or 10 minutes only and it happens. As recommended by one of the responders to previous similar situations, I used the keyboard viewer and went through each character and key of the keyboard; none seem to stick or act erratically. I do not use an external mouse, I do not use an external keyboard; it is all on my laptop. The only way I have found around the issue is quitting Calendar and opening it again. It works for a while and then it goes back to the issue. I must find a solution to this issue as my job requires scheduling 80+ events on a weekly basis and it is becoming time-consuming and extremely inefficient. Hopefully, someone has an answer.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.