Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
I do not do anything really professional with my MBP, so I do not need exact color perfection, however paid alot of money for this thing, so would like it as accurate as possible.

Anyway, I do not have a 1/3 yellowing on the bottom, however the entire screen is "Warmer" than other monitors. Not a big deal however, I think it actually looks pretty good. While when I awake my MBP from sleep, for about 1 second, the Color profile is different, and looks significantly richer in color and looks really nice, and then it goes right back to whatever my default is (Color LCD) which is the same colors, just looks more washed out.

I dont know if that makes any sence, but the Apple Default Background is alot more Blue, and Deeper, Richer, and Vibrant.... Just for about 1 second.

Any help on getting a better color profile for my MBP?

vicious7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2007
Jacked into the net...
For someone who doesn't do anything professional on their MBP, you sure have a monster of one - 4GB 2.4 MBP, wow.

Anyway, why don't you try calibrating your screen with SuperCal. I find it much better than the stock Apple calibrator.

SuperCal

polycat33

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Alexandria, VA
I've never used SuperCal but I calibrated my screen with the calibrator included and it worked amazingly. I did so for the same reason you say, I didn't think my colors looked bad until I realized that it looked better in the half second after waking from sleep. At first I thought my profile was too blue, but that was just because my eyes were used to seeing everything too yellow. After getting used to it for about a week I started to LOVE it. Now, when it wakes from sleep, I do see a difference between the half second after and the change, but there's no difference in color - I just prefer my screen a bit denser/more contrast but the colors remain the same and it looks AMAZING. I got a great result from the included calibrator and it seems unnecessary to download an additional program to do something that's built in. And this from someone who has no qualms about having loads of programs.

StrongBad

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2003
I think you guys are missing the point.

I would also like to use whatever the color profile is during that 1/2 second after sleep. No amount of work on my end creating color profiles with apps or even hardware "eyes" can get close.

The question then is, what color profile is being used for the first 1/2 second after sleep? If it isn't using one at all, how do we unselect a profile during useage?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.