Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luxu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2019
(MacBook Mid 2015 15”) So last night while rendering I took a look at my Mac and saw that the MagSafe LED is not on at all and it’s also not charging. It was still on 100% so whatever happened had just happened. I suspect something overheated or so since the fan went crazy fan and the Mac got hot too while rendering.

I did a SMC reset but I guess it didn’t work since still no reaction from the MagSafe. Also did a Startup->D Hardware check and the only error I get is “PPP007 The power adapter was not tested. There may be an issue with the power adapter, reconnect it to the computer and the wall.”

The plugged in MagSafe still gets warm so I don’t think it’s a problem with the MagSafe itself but I can’t test it to know for sure, I don’t have another Mac to plug it into. Other than that the Mac starts up perfectly fine and works perfectly fine as well. I turned it off for now though don’t want to waste any more battery life.
Pretty sure something has to get repaired, still any suggestions what it could be and what i could maybe do besides sending it to a repair center ?

(I didn’t open it up yet to check if there’s dust or anything obvious I could handle myself)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.