Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DC41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
For the last few weeks my MacBook Pro M1 Max has been dropping calls transferred to it from my iPhone 13 Pro. It's inconsistent. I thought Messages might be causing it, so I made sure it was closed before attempting the transfer. It seemed to work, but today it started again. This time with Messages closed, so I don't know what the problem is.

I dial the call, transfer it to the MacBook, the interface appears for a split second, and then the call is dropped. Anyone have some suggestions?

MacBook Pro M1 Max Ventura 13.2

iPhone 13 Pro iOS 16.3

Thanks!

DC41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
I found my problem with the help of ExpressVPN. It was the ExpressVPN client I'm running on my MacBook Pro Max. It has a setting in Preferences: "Network Lock: Stop all internet traffic if the VPN disconnects unexpectedly." That needs to be turned off.

If you're not using ExpressVPN, you might want to investigate other apps that have some say in network management. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good Luck!

Reactions: KaliYoni

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
For the last few weeks my MacBook Pro M1 Max has been dropping calls transferred to it from my iPhone 13 Pro. It's inconsistent. I thought Messages might be causing it, so I made sure it was closed before attempting the transfer. It seemed to work, but today it started again. This time with Messages closed, so I don't know what the problem is.

I dial the call, transfer it to the MacBook, the interface appears for a split second, and then the call is dropped. Anyone have some suggestions?

MacBook Pro M1 Max Ventura 13.2

iPhone 13 Pro iOS 16.3

Thanks!
This happens to me too. No 3rd party VPN installed. Anyone else having problems?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.