Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeheenan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
My superdrive on my new MBP has been acting wonky the past few days. It played my Rome season 2 disc fine, but wouldn't accept some blank dvds for burning some files (and those dvds were fine on my PC). Also, it would not accept the Apple restore discs that came in the box and those dont have any scratches on them, and the discs worked fine on the second day (when I did a customized reinstall of the system). I'll put a disc in and it'll make some clicking sounds and about 1 minute later the disc will be ejected back out. Anyone else have this problem?

afultz075

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2007
Hey,
I was just getting ready to post about this. Mine has been acting very bizarre for the last day or so as well. It rejects the majority of media I put into it, especially cds. It seemed to accept DVDs a bit more readily. Any idea what's up with this?

afultz075

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2007
Just though i'd give you an update to my situation. I took it to the Apple Store today and they diagnosed it as a faulty drive. So it's gonna be 3-5 days till it's repaired. So right now i'm going old-school with my late-2003 12" Powerbook :apple:

It's weird yours went goofy about the same time mine did.

mikeheenan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Yeah.... I sent mine back to Amazon though. I bought and received mine on the 10th, and it worked great for about 2 weeks or so I think. Never dropped it so can't figure out what went wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.