Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DKShooT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2020
Hello, I have a MacBook Pro 13 Early 2011, the problem is at the moment of turning on, before reaching the logo, it turns off and so every time. I reset the SMC and PRAM it did not help, changed the disk and RAM it did not help (I also can`t boot from the USB, it turns off at the time of loading, I can't enter the utility disk it turns off), if i install Linux, then everything works.

P.S if i turn on left Ctrl macbook is loading but if i turn off Ctrl it was turn off.

Sorry for my English I'm not a native speaker.

Alex W.

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2020
usally a reinstall fixes this, or what you can do is toss in a new drive to do a reinstall; the issue is if you upgraded.... you might have to grab a usb boot stick with high sierra.

Ran into this identical issue for someone before; its a damaged install -- have to resinstall to fix it.

DKShooT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2020
usally a reinstall fixes this, or what you can do is toss in a new drive to do a reinstall; the issue is if you upgraded.... you might have to grab a usb boot stick with high sierra.

Ran into this identical issue for someone before; its a damaged install -- have to resinstall to fix it.
I have already tried to install a new disk and install the native system, it did not help

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
What's the condition of the battery?
After 9 years, might be time to replace it.
This isn't hard to do -- go to ifixit.com to see what's involved and what tools you need.

DKShooT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2020
What's the condition of the battery?
After 9 years, might be time to replace it.
This isn't hard to do -- go to ifixit.com to see what's involved and what tools you need.
New Battery, i can't start laptop it turn off after 5-10 seсond

Last edited:

Imacman65

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2020
logic board is bad , buy a used one or send the board away to get fixed , i just used powerbookmedic

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.