Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rteuman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hello,

I have a Macbook Pro and I think It's having a humidity issue. Yesterday the cover was closed and I left a half-wet shirt on top of it for around 20 minutes, and when I was back it was not opening. I tried rebooting, SMC etc. I flipped it so the keyboard was facing down and after a while I felt that the keys were a little wet. Wiped it with paper towel, left it upside down for 6 hours, still nothing happening. Maybe I should wait a little more, I don't know. How is it possible that in 20 minutes with a wet shirt on top of its cover It became like this? Do you think I can at least save the data in the hard drive? What should I do, what might be the issue?

I can click on the trackpad when I press the power button after SMC but there is no display. I also see the orange light on the charger when it is plugged in.

Thank you
Renan

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This doesn't sound like a humidity problem to me.

Sounds like the water may have pooled in sufficient quantity to seep out of the shirt and follow the contours of the MacBook to an opening to enter the MacBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.