Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solidsn2004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
Milan
Hi all,

I've been having some weird issues with my late 2016 macbook pro and specifically with the left side top thunderbolt port.
When I plug the charger on the top left thunderbolt port my mac goes on split screen! (example: half the screen goes to mail app and the other half goes to safari, although I have multiple apps open this is how it always goes).

Is there a way to fix this issue? I had sent for the 3rd time my macbook pro to replace the keyboard and this time when it came back it has this issue. Other ports work well and I can use these I know but it really bugs me that one port has this annoying effect.

If you can suggest a solution for this before I take it (again) to the apple store I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

solidsn2004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
Milan
I just noticed that also the rest of the thunderbolt ports are doing the same thing! Especially when I am watching a video in full screen mode it splits the screen in two with my mail app! It's really frustrating.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.