Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macddy

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
Hi! Anyone else experienced this before?

I was watching youtube, tilted my screen a bit then the macbook crashed and rebooted. Havent experienced it again yet, but wondering if anyone has any experience with it and wether I should be concerned or not..

Skjermbilde 2021-06-16 kl. 21.58.11.png
Skjermbilde 2021-06-16 kl. 21.58.27.png

macddy

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
I don't recall reading any other posts like that. You should contact Apple support via iMessage and show them those pictures.
I see. On the customer service page it says my mac isnt covered for free help, but I could choose the option that it counts as an exception. Is this an exception in my case, when I havent inflicted any damage on the macbook?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I see. On the customer service page it says my mac isnt covered for free help, but I could choose the option that it counts as an exception. Is this an exception in my case, when I havent inflicted any damage on the macbook?
I can't answer that question as I don't know what Apple considers an exception. You are still covered under the 1 year warranty. Since you don't have AC+, see if you can recreate the problem. If can, I would try and exception route and make a Genius appointment. If you can't recreate, then log any other time(and conditions) it may happen so that you can better inform Apple.

Reactions: hobowankenobi

Audyssey

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2021
Hello, I was also watching YouTube and tilted my laptop and my Mac crashed and rebooted as well. I didn’t manage to catch a photo of mine, also first time it happened. It is also an M1 MacBook Pro

CastellamareAsh

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2021
Los Angeles
The same thing just happened to me. I had youtube paused and other tabs open in safari, I was typing in the notes app at the time and it was plugged in to charge. I didn't move my screen to my knowledge although it was on my bed with me so it could move slightly.
The screen went black with very similar pink patches and square also in the bottom right corner. I unplugged it and hit the power off button. It restarted itself and displayed a message during startup which I could not catch.
Debugger message: Panic
Core 0 panicked.
It works completely fine still. It may have slight water damage from the past but is not to my knowledge effecting it.

Others describe this issue here too https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252210055

CastellamareAsh

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2021
Los Angeles
The same thing just happened to me. I had youtube paused and other tabs open in safari, I was typing in the notes app at the time and it was plugged in to charge. I didn't move my screen to my knowledge although it was on my bed with me so it could move slightly.
The screen went black with very similar pink patches and square also in the bottom right corner. I unplugged it and hit the power off button. It restarted itself and displayed a message during startup which I could not catch.
Core 0 panicked.
It works completely fine still. It may have slight water damage from the past but is not to my knowledge effecting it.

Others describe this issue here too https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252210055
Core 0 panicked.

Update: There where a few hours my laptop was having issues where the cursor was jittery whenever I moved it over selectable parts on the screen such as buttons to close windows, switch tabs, etc.
It crashed again and was pink. I'm worried it will develop issues :(

ShadoChicken

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2021
Hi! Anyone else experienced this before?

I was watching youtube, tilted my screen a bit then the macbook crashed and rebooted. Havent experienced it again yet, but wondering if anyone has any experience with it and wether I should be concerned or not..

View attachment 1794139 View attachment 1794140
I have been having the same issue. I have an M1 MacBook Pro, and it just randomly crashes when I am using a web browser. I have observed this crashing on both safari and Firefox.

mbat72

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2021
Just coming in late to say I've been having the same issue with my laptop and I've had to send it into the Apple repair center twice with no solution found still. This happened on the first day I had the laptop as well. At this point I'm waiting for them to send me a new one. This issue always happens when I am working on an assignment for school and it has made me lose progress on multiple projects at this point. This picture was taken after the first repair center visit.

Because the authorized repair center only fixes problems that "can be reproduced" and this issue is spontaneous, they have claimed at every repair center service that they couldn't find the problem to fix it. I have made it clear multiple times that this is a spontaneous issue and they will never be able to recreate it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 11.40.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 11.40.31 AM.png
    619 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.