Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dragonreborn888

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2021
I replaced my MacBook Pro mid 2015 battery pack and now the trackpad and keyboard won’t work. I thought maybe I flexed the cable too far. I replaced it and same situation. And now I’m afraid that I flexed the little board under the track pad with my plastic pry tool when I was putting the battery pack up. Do I have to risk ruining the new battery to remove it again to replace the trackpad to see that if that also fixes the keyboard????

z2000

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2019
Rotterdam
Are you sure that the cable from keyboard/touchpad to logic board is connecting correctly?

Last edited:

Dragonreborn888

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2021
Yeah. After I showed it to someone they pointed out the trackpad isn't clicking at all.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I replaced my MacBook Pro mid 2015 battery pack and now the trackpad and keyboard won’t work. I thought maybe I flexed the cable too far. I replaced it and same situation. And now I’m afraid that I flexed the little board under the track pad with my plastic pry tool when I was putting the battery pack up. Do I have to risk ruining the new battery to remove it again to replace the trackpad to see that if that also fixes the keyboard????
check the mouse trackpad cable and the cable going into the logic board.
in my experience, the trackpad cable needs to be installed exactly,
we used to raise the MacBook up and slide the cable end into the trackpad upside down.
there were many times we had to unscrew everything just to reinsert that cable.

good luck
and use fixit for everything as well
I always refer to that just to refresh the techniques repairing any device again.

bloomberg

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2007
Any updates for this issue?

Having the exact same problem on a 2015 MBP after replacing the battery. Now the trackpad and keyboard are no longer working. Computer still works fine with external mouse and keyboard.

The power button on the keyboard works, the keyboard lights are on, but no other keys seem to function.

I reset the NVRAM but nothing changed. Replaced the trackpad cable with a new one from Amazon but it still has the same issue.

Not sure if this is relevant but the SSD drive was upgraded a few years ago from 256Gb to 1Tb.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for how to fix?

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
fixit solved this problem, which might include cleaning and possible replacing the trackpad.
this was not 's finest replacement moments for their MacBook pros.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.