Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bongster2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2019
MIDI in not working in MacBook Pro.
Hi guys. Hope this is the right place for this.

I have a m-audio keyboard and a 2014 MacBook Pro. I have had the keyboard working fine with this mac up until a year ago. I plugged it in yesterday and I’m not getting MIDI in. I’ve done everything that you’d normally do in Audio/MIDI setup and followed everything that google pulls up.
I’ve plugged the keyboard into another MacBook Pro and it works fine, so it’s not that.
I’ve called apple and M-Audio to no avail.

I am managing to get MIDI out to external devices via my MacBook but not getting MIDI in, even though the device is showing up in A/M setup. There’s just not signal getting in there.

Has anyone had this problem or help to solve it?

Thanks guys.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
First, make sure all the physical connections are good (I work in IT, and that comes up a LOT in my experience)

Then, see if your drivers and other software are up to date. You mentioned it was working fine up until a year ago. If you upgraded your version of macOS, it might've broken the drivers

Lastly, try restarting everything (keyboard, Mac, etc.). Again, in my experience, this fixes a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.