Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flobber88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Just got my apple wired keyboard for my MBP today. So far it is great and all the buttons do what they're suppose to do.

I am also pleased to say that the USB ports work (Apple states that devices that draw higer amounts of power can only be used with the new iMac's) but I have synced + charged my nano and charged my GPS watch at the same time.

So far so good!:D

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007
Nice. I'm probably picking one up today together with a stand, so I can get a more comfortable working position :)

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
would you be able to take a picture of it compared to your MBP? i'm more or less set on the wired version because i use the numeric keys a lot. just want to see comparisson pictures. i've only seen wireless ones.

thanks!

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
I just had the wired version hooked up to my MBP, and it worked quite well! I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy it. I, however, needed the wireless b/c I love it that much more (and I have a Mighty Mouse), and run the MBP in clamshell mode for a totally wireless setup, so I ended up returning the wired version and got the wireless.

But to each his own! :D

Flobber88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
I would have loved to have a wireless apple keyboard, though I couldn't rationalize not having the num pad. I don't do much data entry, though I find the ease of having it there is worth it. I also couldn't figure out why I would need a keyboard with the same layout as my MBP keyboard so....

I can post picture of my wired keyboard with my MBP later on, I currently am away from home so don't have it with me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.