Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoshios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Finland
Hello there, I'm new here and I suppose there are several threads like this, but I just want to know wether I should buy a regular Pro or a new Air.

I would rather buy the Air due to the weight and the small shape, but everyone else says the Pro is better.

Does it heat up easily? Is it worth the money? Is ut better for studies?

I'm mainly gonna use it in school and not gonna play games. I'd buy the Air with 8gb RAM, otherwise the standard setup.

Last edited:

Satori

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2006
London
Hello there, I'm new here and I suppose there are several threads like this, but I just want to know wether I should buy a regular Pro or a new Air.

I would rather buy the Air due to the weight and the small shape, but everyone else says the Pro is better.

Does it heat up easily? Is it worth the money? Is ut better for studies?

I'm mainly gonna use it in school and not gonna play games. I'd buy the Air with 8gb RAM, otherwise the standard setup.

The pro is certainly a more powerful machine but the MBA is very capable. If you are just running office type applications an air will more than meet your needs.

Yoshios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Finland
Sorry for double, but I'd still lie to know a little more about the performance, like movie watching and so on.

ka-spot

Suspended
May 23, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
Sorry for double, but I'd still lie to know a little more about the performance, like movie watching and so on.

Dont worry about the performance :) Some guys are playing a lot of games on Air i5 4GB HD3000 (2011). The new one with HD4000 is even better. Just search youtube for "diablo 3 macbook air" (for example). Or if you are interested in movies search for movies :)

I'm with the base 2011 model and I'm really tempted to upgrade... HD4000, USB 3 and this time I'll get it with 8GB of RAM.

Macbook Air is amazing...

G-Mo

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2010
Auckland, NZ
If you are looking at the standard MacBook Pro (without Retina) your resolution is only 1280x800 compared to 1440x900 in the MacBook Air. The extra resolution provided by the Air is great! I had a 13-inch Pro, but used a 13-inch Air for a week, after which I found it extremely difficult to go back to the Pro resolution and eventually got rid of it in favour of a 2012 Air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.