Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gissur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Yes my little beautiful macbook pro applicatioins are crashing like there is no tomorrow. I have the 2.16ghz, 1gig of apple RAM that came with it. Basically its all straight from apple. Got it in August. I've run MEMTEST on it, looks real good. Did 5 runs.

I've seen that other people are getting something similar yet they are getting kernel panics forcing them to restart. I am not getting this, just crashes. Then i run the app again, it crashes and again crashes.. sometimes not. Somtimes it runs again.. very random stuff. No system load, nothing like that.

I've installed OS X again fresh install... I really don't know what to do =/ I bought it in the US and live in Iceland so there is no apple store, apple care for me... I'm lost guys, and pretty damn scared hehe =/

Anyone have any idea what could possibly be going on here?

PatrickF

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Blighty
I have no idea what's going on here but I get the same thing where individual apps are crashing. It's all quite random and it's lots of different apps that are doing it.

I don't experience kernel panics, just individual apps crashing and I'm certain that this has only started since installing 10.4.7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.