Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
hey guys. basically my macbook pro drops the wireless connection like very 2 minutes when the AC adapter isnt plugged in. the wireless router works fine with every other computer...

so is there a fix for this?

oh and does it matter what my wireless card locale is? im in taiwan right now but the airport is set to USA...

jcottr

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2006
I've got a brand new 17" MacBook Pro with exactly the same problem. Running KisMAC in the background, continuously scanning seems to help.

It seems like it's gotta be an overly aggressive power saving feature. But I don't see anything in System Preferences that turns the "feature" off.

I'm connecting to a NetGear WG602v3 with the latest firmware. My old PowerBook never had these problems with this network, nor have any of my various other wireless clients.

Would love to hear of a solution. Or even that Apple acknowledges the issue. 'Cause otherwise I love my new MacBook Pro.

jcottr

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2006
Switching to WPA seems to be working! I'll send an update later this week to confirm that I'm still drop-free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.