Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UnknownUser2208

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
Hello, I have a Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina that has been randomly shutting down. It shuts down on power or battery. I have reset the SMC and NVRAM, but the problem still occurs. After doing both of those, I erased the drive and reinstalled macOS. I initially had Sierra (not sure what version) but updated to High Sierra (10.13) to see if that would fix it. None of this has worked. The only time it does not crash is while in Safe Mode. I have checked the Console logs and there is no message regarding the crash. The console usually ends with one of these statements below, and then the next message is Boot_Time for when I restart.

The most common items I see in the log before crashing are:

• com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
  • parsecd[282]: BUG in libdispatch client: dispatch_mig_server: mach_msg() failed (ipc/send) msg too small - 0x10000008
  • syslogd[39]: ASL Sender Statistics
  • nsurlstoraged[316]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: Setting timer interval to 0 requests a 1ns timer, did you mean FOREVER (a one-shot timer)?

Any ideas? Thanks for taking time to look at!

Reactions: TobyTrippen
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.