Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shankar2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Hi so I have a mid-2014 Macbook pro and I have been using it since then until a few months ago. I kept the macbook in storage, without using it. Now after about 6 months I've tried to power on the macbook but it doesn't power on.

I've connected the charger to the port and still after charging the battery, the macbook just doesn't power up. Is there any BIOS battery or something that I should get fixed or I can try some steps to get it to power on again? Some help would be appreciated much. Thanks!

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
Maybe your battery has completely died, which can cause the machine not to power on. You say you've charged it. How can you tell it's accepted a charge? By watching the MagSafe light?

If you're in a place where you can get it to an Apple Store, they should be able to verify that (or offer some other diagnosis), and maybe they can replace the battery, though I'm not sure about that for 2014.

rovostrov

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2020
Hi so I have a mid-2014 Macbook pro and I have been using it since then until a few months ago. I kept the macbook in storage, without using it. Now after about 6 months I've tried to power on the macbook but it doesn't power on.

I've connected the charger to the port and still after charging the battery, the macbook just doesn't power up. Is there any BIOS battery or something that I should get fixed or I can try some steps to get it to power on again? Some help would be appreciated much. Thanks!
I had this issue not long ago with a 2015 macbook air that had not been used for close to a year. I had to connect magsafe and let it sit for a few hours before it would turn on

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
I dunno, these machines can run without a battery connected. Certainly worth trying earlier suggestions. Do the fans even try to spin?

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.