Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Essaux

macrumors regular
Original poster
Not sure if this is the place to ask it, so feel free to move the thread.

I've circled in red two parts on the teardown as I am trying to find out what they are for and what they are called (see attachment). I have googled, looked at iFixit and a plethora of other sites, but can't find the name for what I am looking for.

Having WiFi-No Hardware Found issues, I found that one of these (on the right) was loose. After placing it back into its position, my WiFi troubles have ceased to exist. I know the airport card is located elsewhere - left of the ram memory.

Just out of curiosity I am trying to understand if that had anything to do with it. Or if it's simply coincidence that it being loose and now back in its place and wifi working again.

In any case, got to clean my macbook thoroughly as well.

Attachments

• ifixit-mbpro-retina-5bigcalled.jpg
    ifixit-mbpro-retina-5bigcalled.jpg
    795 KB · Views: 5,299
Last edited:

Patcell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2016
Bergen County, NJ
Okay, I am not by any means knowledgeable about the inner workings of these machines, but my random guess is that what you tightened had something to do with the wifi antenna(s). May explain why it's working now..?

Reactions: Essaux

Essaux

macrumors regular
Original poster
Okay, I am not by any means knowledgeable about the inner workings of these machines, but my random guess is that what you tightened had something to do with the wifi antenna(s). May explain why it's working now..?
Thank you!

If that is the case, then that certainly "fixed" my problem. Haven't had "no hardware found" wifi trouble anymore.

Probably got loose over time by carrying my laptop.

Reactions: Patcell
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.