Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaabaaabc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
I dropped my macbook pro 2015 15" and the screen broke so I purchased a new screen through ebay. after putting it on, however, I cant seem to turn on the computer even with an external monitor (it works before with the broken screen). I hear the startup sound effect and caps lock light is able to turn up but the keyboard lights dont.

aaabaaabc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
You cannot turn it on as in it will not power up after screen replacement or you can't see anything on the external or internal screen after replacement?
cant see stuff on internal and external screens

aaabaaabc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Did it work with an external screen before the replacement?

Before replacing the screen, were you able to see anything on the internal after being dropped?

It worked with an external with a replacement. I was able to see before with the internal.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
There is a separate cable for the keyboard backlight. Are you sure it is connected?

Attachments

• bvP3EeBrBxPrx5YK.jpg
    bvP3EeBrBxPrx5YK.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 150

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The screen replacement shouldn't affect the backlight on the keyboard.

So you can't see anything on the internal or external screen even though you can hear the start up chime. Correct?

Is it possible there is another loose connection somewhere?

aaabaaabc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
The screen replacement shouldn't affect the backlight on the keyboard.

So you can't see anything on the internal or external screen even though you can hear the start up chime. Correct?

Is it possible there is another loose connection somewhere?
that is basically it. I think I put everything back properly though

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It may be worthwhile to reseat all cables and try again. Can't really think of anything else that would cause this issue unless something else was affected after the fall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.