Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joel95

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2011
The top part of my trackpad is hard/impossible to physically click, whilst the bottom part is easy to click, and it requires more force to click as you move up.

I got a friend with a 2009 unibody MBP to check on his laptop and he says this is not the case with his trackpad.

I use tap to click but this thing is bugging me. Is this supposed to happen or should i get it fixed? (new refurbished MBP, first week)

Last edited:

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
The top part of my trackpad is hard/impossible to physically click, whilst the bottom part is easy to click, and it requires more force to click as you move up.

I got a friend with a 2009 unibody MBP to check on his laptop and he says this is not the case with his trackpad.

I use tap to click but this thing is bugging me. Is this supposed to happen or should i get it fixed? (new refurbished MBP, first week)

This is how it is supposed to be, so you do not have a problem with your laptop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.