Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

readyweady

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2024
I have a 2020 13 inch MacBook Pro. I physically can see that it has a left & right set of fans on the machine, but I notice that the only fans that ever run are the right set. How can I fix this? I can't seem to find a solution, and the only major thing I've tried is resetting the PRAM (although, I'm still not certain if I did it correctly, since I can't notice any major changes on my machine).

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 6.40.53 AM.png

readyweady

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2024
Install fan control and see if it detects a 2nd fan and force it to run if it does.
I have fan control. The only thing I can use is the right set of fans. It seems the app doesn't register my left set of fans. Any more ideas? I should've made it clearer in the post but my MacBook Pro contains Intel Chip.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I have fan control. The only thing I can use is the right set of fans. It seems the app doesn't register my left set of fans. Any more ideas? I should've made it clearer in the post but my MacBook Pro contains Intel Chip.
I don’t have an idea then sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.