Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rossco8883

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2021
I brought me and my father new macbook pro s in 2017. In the recent months (Aug 2021) BOTH laptops have lines on the screen!!! This is a obvious design default and we have recieved no help from apple, only the option to pay £700 for repair which is rediculous. I've never had such a bad product with and obvious design problem. We are both really unhappy and I feel sorry for all the other people that have the same problem. Did anyone find another solition? Please help!

Attachments

• eaf4d4c4-4f5f-4bf5-a036-d3538495e404.JPG
    eaf4d4c4-4f5f-4bf5-a036-d3538495e404.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 397
Reactions: Math.ewdale

robinium

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2021
Pretty sure this is Flexgate, experiencing the same issue on my end and Apple have flat out refused to cover it for me, for my 2017 15 inch MBP (see the Flexgate thread for more on my dealings with them).

If you're in the UK, under consumer law this should be covered, and if they won't comply, you can issue small claims court proceedings against them. I believe it only costs around 25 pounds, and you are not expected to have legal representation. I'm in Ireland, but I have submitted a case against them.

Reactions: Rossco8883

Math.ewdale

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2021
I brought me and my father new macbook pro s in 2017. In the recent months (Aug 2021) BOTH laptops have lines on the screen!!! This is a obvious design default and we have recieved no help from apple, only the option to pay £700 for repair which is rediculous. I've never had such a bad product with and obvious design problem. We are both really unhappy and I feel sorry for all the other people that have the same problem. Did anyone find another solition? Please help!

Ok can I help you with this , how much are you going to pay !

ngreloaded

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2021
I bought the last intel MacBook Air (Early 2020) in August 2020. And I had similar lines in my display panel in 9 months of usage. My MBA was in warranty, so they didn't charge me anything. But during my visit, I found one more person who had a similar issue in his 8 month old MacBook Air. So, my guess is this a serious design flaw and it calls for a free repair program otherwise a class action lawsuit must be initiated.

Reactions: Math.ewdale
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.