Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tomomcd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Okay so I have had my macbook for about 11 months now with the warranty expiring in march. So hopefully they will be able to fix my problems when I take it in later.

The topcase has started to crack so I'm going to see if they can fix that up while i'm in there before it gets any worse.

I'm also lucky enough to have the screen flickering when i set the brightness to the lower settings and leave it idle.

The one i'm not sure about is that my macbook is not recognising batteries at all anymore? I have swapped between 2 batteries and all i get is the x in the corner. Not sure what is wrong here?

How long do apple usually take for repairs when I take it into the genius bar?

Thanks

Littlehoof

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2007
I would strongly recommend purchasing applecare now while you still can. These issues you have now will be covered under the standard warranty sure - but any further issues you have won't be - and if your machine already has more than one problem then the possibility something else will go wrong 6 more months down the track seems not worth risking wouldn't you think? Also - if the repair of your current problems falls outside of the 12 month standard warranty period you might start to find it difficult to get much help or progress out of apple about things... having applecare eliminates this difficulty. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.