Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

comingaround

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
I spilled water onto my macbook pro and now some of the keys don't work. I'm not really worried about that though. I have an external keyboard that I use more than the laptop's so I'm not worried about saving it or drying it out. All the water is gone but for some reason the N button is stuck electronically or something, so it is essentially wanting to type out "nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn" every second.

Is there any way of disabling access to the keyboard through the terminal or something?:mad:

tmoney468

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2007
If you spilt water onto your laptop, you shouldn't have left it running...there have been numerous posts here about shutting down it immediately, taking out the battery, and hanging it upside down fro at least 48 hours to dry.

Again this doesn't really help you because the damage is done but just an FYI.

comingaround

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
If you spilt water onto your laptop, you shouldn't have left it running...there have been numerous posts here about shutting down it immediately, taking out the battery, and hanging it upside down fro at least 48 hours to dry.

Again this doesn't really help you because the damage is done but just an FYI.

Oh I didn't. I turned it off and grabbed a shirt and soaked up all the water and then left it upside down with a towel to soak up anything left. But yeah, still no solution to what I'm looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.