Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macnator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Canada
Hey everyone. I bought a MBP and am possibly thinking about returning it. Simply because I do not need what it offers. I don't do intense stuff. My question is do you think the MacBook will get updated soon? Will it ever get dedicated video cards? Matte display? Some things generally from the MBP. I would hate to buy one, only to have updates occur, especially with dedicated video cards.

Thanks in advance.

Kalafut

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2008
pocatello
Hey everyone. I bought a MBP and am possibly thinking about returning it. Simply because I do not need what it offers. I don't do intense stuff. My question is do you think the MacBook will get updated soon? Will it ever get dedicated video cards? Matte display? Some things generally from the MBP. I would hate to buy one, only to have updates occur, especially with dedicated video cards.

Thanks in advance.

wow you want to downgrade, i would keep the MBP just for the sake of holding that power, and if you really want a MB ill trade you mine, its brand new the spec's are below;)

tip

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
Dude, please use search next time - this topic pops up on a nearly daily basis.

- My question is do you think the MacBook will get updated soon?
No, it got updated somewhat recently - check the Buyer's Guide section

- Will it ever get dedicated video cards?
No.

- Matte display?
Probably not.

- Some things generally from the MBP?
Maybe the aluminum case - if so, it would look different than the MBP, however.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
Will it ever get dedicated video cards? Matte display? Some things generally from the MBP. I would hate to buy one, only to have updates occur, especially with dedicated video cards.

Thanks in advance.

it had matte display as the ibook but i doubt they will put it back, it'll never get dedicated graphics thats what the macbook pro has over it

Arkbargle

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually got a dedicated graphics card; similarly priced Dells and such do. It would likely be super-low-end though. The MBP would still have an obvious power advantage.

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
1) My question is do you think the MacBook will get updated soon?
2) Will it ever get dedicated video cards?
3) Matte display?
4) Some things generally from the MBP.
Thanks in advance.

1) Doubltful
2) Nope
3) Unlikely
4) Probably not

One thing Apple is good at is keeping clear product lines. Combining some of the items you mentioned would blur those lines and Apple isn't going to risk profit to do that.

*Anyone answering these questions, like me, are merely guessing.*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.