Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brobrcuhh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2021
Macbook Air 2020 Retina

Hey so I have been having some trouble with my battery like on my Mac and I ran diagnostics, and reset SMC, VRAM, etc and i still have the problem. I have an appointment with the genius bar and I was wondering if it was a case where I would need a replacement, would i be provided like a same retina max or an M1? (p.s my mac still has the limited warranty so)

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
Macbook Air 2020 Retina

Hey so I have been having some trouble with my battery like on my Mac and I ran diagnostics, and reset SMC, VRAM, etc and i still have the problem. I have an appointment with the genius bar and I was wondering if it was a case where I would need a replacement, would i be provided like a same retina max or an M1? (p.s my mac still has the limited warranty so)
If Apple replaces your MacBook under warranty, then they will give you the same equivalent model that you currently have. Not a newer version, and not an older version.

Reactions: rgarjr

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012
If Apple replaces your MacBook under warranty, then they will give you the same equivalent model that you currently have. Not a newer version, and not an older version.
Thanks just wondering - in my case I have a MacBook Air M1 bought 4 days ago from the official Apple Refurbished store and its giving me cause for concern ? something causing it not to wake up form sleep. If they were to replace it would I get like for like and would it be a mother refurbished or brand new machine given the refurbished one was approx £300 less than a brand new machine

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012
Apple would absolutely replace it with the exact same model He has.
Thanks for that but in case of a purchase form refurbished store that needs replacing and there is not a similar model available on the store what then ? I only ask as I may be getting to this situation as my new refurb MBA 16GB and 2TB form Apple store on line could end up either needing fixed by Apple - going to Genius Bar on Tues to get it checked or may need replaced / refunded

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
Thanks for that but in case of a purchase form refurbished store that needs replacing and there is not a similar model available on the store what then ? I only ask as I may be getting to this situation as my new refurb MBA 16GB and 2TB form Apple store on line could end up either needing fixed by Apple - going to Genius Bar on Tues to get it checked or may need replaced / refunded

Apple keeps white box replacment models of all devices available on hand for warranty purposes only.

Just because it isn’t in stock on their own refurb store, doesn’t mean they do not exist.

I assure you, Apple has 16GB/2TB Macbook Airs Waiting to replace yours.

Apple is one of the few that is able to
maintain amazing inventory under huge stress loads. the some how always have what you want.

The refurb store is a luxury option for customers that isn’t required. These are returned or used items that have been tested and reset and sold at a discount (Like new condition) For example, your 16GB/2TB that they get from you. (Will be back in stock soon lol) (Only 1 though lol)

If you get a replacement MacBook Air through warranty, it is be a brand new device only (White box) meaning not sealed in retail packaging. it’s not a refurb, just new warranty units that are kept on hand (Minus the fancy packaging, and accessories)

I have a 16GB/1TB M1 Air, and me and anyone else would be furious if they didn’t have my replacement through warranty (On-Hand) trust me, they do!!

Go through your warranty if something is seriously wrong with your unit. If not, be happy and enjoy it!

(It is your DUTY to REPLENISH THE REFURB STORE. Lol-JK.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.