Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

askabob91

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Hi all, I'm trying to install the PB on my computer but it simply restarts back into Yosemite without installing OS X 10.11. At first I thought it might be a corrupt installer file so I redownloaded, but it continues to happen even after multiple tries. Thoughts?

askabob91

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Thanks for your response. I don't want to have to erase the existing disk- I want to install over Yosemite.

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
Thanks for your response. I don't want to have to erase the existing disk- I want to install over Yosemite.
Did you go through the installer fine? When it first reboots does it show the progress bar and say how long it will take to install?

askabob91

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Did you go through the installer fine? When it first reboots does it show the progress bar and say how long it will take to install?

No, it just boots straight back into the Yosemite login screen, it looks like a regular boot-up actually

askabob91

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
I figured out the issue - Jettison kept ejecting the disk right before restart. Quit Jettison and it installed on the first try. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.