Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamyoshida

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
I was thinking of ordering a MacBook, and I noticed that - on the Apple sites - the shipping dates for MacBooks are all rather long (5-7 business days). Is this normal, or is it a sign that we're going to see updates soon?

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Updates before the MBP? Not a chance. If you take a look on the other thread you will find that Apple merely quotes conservative shipping estimates. Others already have their MBs shipped inspite of the "ship by 26th" estimate.

adamyoshida

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
I'm talking about the topline shipping estimates.

It would make sense for the MacBooks to get an update at the same time as the MBP - to say 2 Ghz standard, with 2.16 with one gig the next config. Perhaps a gig standard.

HecubusPro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Los Angeles
adamyoshida said:
I'm talking about the topline shipping estimates.

It would make sense for the MacBooks to get an update at the same time as the MBP - to say 2 Ghz standard, with 2.16 with one gig the next config. Perhaps a gig standard.

It also makes sense to keep yonah in the current macbooks but give them the higher clock speeds perhaps. Who knows what apple's going to do? I'm too into worrying about the MBP to really think much about the MB, but you never know. MB's could be updated at the same time as MBP's. I doubt it, but it could happen. Before the MBP's though? Definitely not (by making that statement, MB's will now be updated before MBP's. :) )

evanrousso

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
I really need to stop reading these threads, i totally have my hopes up that I will recieve my macbook sooner than I think (it is supposed to ship on the 21st)

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
The Macbooks have had ship dates of 5-7 days since the middle of August. Stop speculating, there won't be any Macbook updates for a while. These machines are selling like hotcakes. They're selling so well that they can't make them fast enough to keep up with the high demand.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
It's probably a combination of high sales as people start college, and a lack of parts due to several hundred people sending their systems in for repair of the random shutdown problem within weeks of one another.

My repair is still on hold waiting for parts.

HecubusPro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Los Angeles
pjarvi said:
It's probably a combination of high sales as people start college, and a lack of parts due to several hundred people sending their systems in for repair of the random shutdown problem within weeks of one another.

My repair is still on hold waiting for parts.

Right on both counts I'm sure.

How many failures in this line will it take before it becomes a fiasco? I mean for crying out loud... I know two people personally who have had this stupid random shut down for macbooks. Is it serious enough for apple to commit to a recall? Certainly not after the 2nd largest consumer recall in history (exploding batteries.) I doubt they want that kind of negative press one right after the other.

I can't wait to get a core 2 duo MBP, but hearing about these macbook random shut downs is getting rediculous. Does anyone know what percentage this problem occurs?

ScoobyDoofus

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2006
Galway, Ireland
I ordered two macbooks on Tuesday evening. One from the normal store and one from the Education store.

On Wednesday I checked the order status, both said "estimated shipped by 21st September" and "estimated delivered by 25th September".

Last night, the one from the normal store said "shipped" and "estimated delivered by 28th September".

What? It shipped earlier but is expected to be delivered later?!

*Hoping that they will be delivered with core 2 duo inside*

ScoobyDoofus

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2006
Galway, Ireland
Just checked the my other order, the education store one. It's been shipped today! Yay! :D

However, the macbook and the new ipod I ordered are estimated delivered by 29th, but the dvi-video adapter and printer are estimated delivered by 28th... hmmmmmmm... :confused:

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Just ordered AppleCare Protection Plan and the estimated delivery date is the 25th? Could this mean something?

It may come with a 1 new page in the instruction manual or something...oh can't wait.

Yes, I am joking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.