Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dubhe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Norwich, UK
Just received my new Black MB today! My trusty 12" G4 PowerBook is going into retirement as a living room internet tablet, it has lasted well and I think this is partly due to the Tucano neoprene sleve I kept it in for it's four and a half year life span.

So, I need to buy a similar sleeve for the MB, any thoughts? I don't really like the styling of the current Tucano ones, but do appreciate they are good at what they do. Anybody got anything better they can recommend? I'd especially like to hear from anyone using a Crumpler Gimp Sleeve as I like the look of it but am worried the big zip might potentially damage the laptop itself when travelling in my rucksack, motorbike luggage, airport security trays etc etc.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Just received my new Black MB today! My trusty 12" G4 PowerBook is going into retirement as a living room internet tablet, it has lasted well and I think this is partly due to the Tucano neoprene sleve I kept it in for it's four and a half year life span.

So, I need to buy a similar sleeve for the MB, any thoughts? I don't really like the styling of the current Tucano ones, but do appreciate they are good at what they do. Anybody got anything better they can recommend? I'd especially like to hear from anyone using a Crumpler Gimp Sleeve as I like the look of it but am worried the big zip might potentially damage the laptop itself when travelling in my rucksack, motorbike luggage, airport security trays etc etc.

I have this sleeve, and I absolutely love it. http://www.stmbags.com.au/glove-specifications.php

It is nice fit, comfortable to carry, and vertically loaded which is great for throwing it in a backpack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.