Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Albaqllawa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2021
Hello, i have MacBook Air M1, and for the last couple of days i’ve been trying to do diagnostics to check if everything is good with my mac but, whenever i reached to “checking your Macbook” “about one minute remaining” my macbook hets stuck and the only way to restart it is to turn it off immediately and re open it, can anyone help me please ?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Most likely, you should just let it run. Don't take the estimated time remaining seriously. It might take 5 minutes or 60 minutes. When you force it to restart you are interrupting it. Also, could you explain what problem you are trying to diagnose. Why are you running diagnostics?

Albaqllawa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2021
Most likely, you should just let it run. Don't take the estimated time remaining seriously. It might take 5 minutes or 60 minutes. When you force it to restart you are interrupting it. Also, could you explain what problem you are trying to diagnose. Why are you running diagnostics?
Well, i did let it run for over 15 minutes and its still stuck, there is no actual reason on why i try to diagnose it, from time to time i like to diagnose my apple devices to just check if they are all good, so this is kinda bothering me that its stuck, do you have any idea on what i could do ?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
there is no actual reason on why i try to diagnose it, from time to time i like to diagnose my apple devices to just check if they are all good
I thought you might say something like that. In my opinion it’s a waste of time. I would suggest doing nothing. But if you must, maybe let it run overnight while you sleep. If that doesn’t finish, I will admit it’s curious but I’d still do nothing.

Reactions: Albaqllawa

Ape_Din

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2021
i have the same issue. still not resolved in 11.4 beta!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.