Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
Got myself a White 1.83 MacBook a few months ago and apart from the moo its worked fine. Moo got fixed with the firmware update and since then its been fine.

However....The other day the trackpad played up in a way that it just wouldn't respond / took everything as a click / scrolled wrong way etc. I rebooted and it was fine.

Today though it just did the same. Rebooted and same problem. Tried several reboots and still the same. Plugged in a mighty mouse which was fine, trackpad still bust when MM unplugged. Seriously annoyed I went out for a bit to cool down and when I came back switched it back on and its fine!?!?!?!

Not v.happy with this, esp as I'm supposed to be taking my MB away this coming weekend on my wedding/honeymoon and I don't want to if its going to screw up.

Anyone else had these problems? If so what fixed it?

Shoddy quality control here Apple. My pre-Macbook Vaio never broke in 3 years, this has had 2 problems in 2 months.... :mad:

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
Left the MacBook switched of for 20 mins came back an its fine again.... Only happens when its been on for a couple of hours?

Another heat problem?

erikamsterdam

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2006
amsterdam
Have you played around with the trackpad settings? Like the "ignore accidental input" function? A heat problem seems not very likely, since that's the coolest area on the MB. On my MB the "ignore accidental input" function is quite annoying, sometimes seems to kinda stick if you touch the trackpad right after typing. Considers that accidental then and gets confused sometimes.

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
erikamsterdam said:
Have you played around with the trackpad settings? Like the "ignore accidental input" function? A heat problem seems not very likely, since that's the coolest area on the MB. On my MB the "ignore accidental input" function is quite annoying, sometimes seems to kinda stick if you touch the trackpad right after typing. Considers that accidental then and gets confused sometimes.

Where is that set? When it happens though it stays for ages, even after a restart, only leaving it of for ages seems to fix.

furious said:
why are you taking your MB to your wedding/honeymoon. aren't edible undies more appropriate, even lube? :p

Who said I'm not taking them :D

No what it is, the day after we get back we are having a party for family/friends and we were going to put a slideshow/video on a projector during the party. As we have like NO time inbetween this we were going to do it as we go along during the holiday as we have a lot of driving to do so it kills time. Plus, my g/f dad is ill so have to call home each day which we'll be using Skype for.

I'm not a geek if thats what you mean :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.