Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrianSalts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
I'm buying one tommorow for school from my college apple dealer and I want to know what digits in teh serial number I should look for to find the most recent release of stock.

anyone with any advice? oh, and i'm picking the black color to avoid discoloration issues and also to avoid my messy eating habits in front of my computers.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Although I can't answer about the most current week and what issues it may or may not have, I'd really be surprised if your college reseller has enough of a supply on-hand to be able to provide you with a model from a different week should you ask. :confused:

BrianSalts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
oh I see. I have another question- what are the most convenient steps (if possible) I should take if I want to change my windows formatted ipod to a mac formatted ipod, while preserving all the songs I had and the album art?

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
BrianSalts said:
oh I see. I have another question- what are the most convenient steps (if possible) I should take if I want to change my windows formatted ipod to a mac formatted ipod, while preserving all the songs I had and the album art?

copy the entire itunes music folder on an external hard drive. Mac can Read NTFS and read/write FAT32.

Jan 30, 2006
Don't worry about it, just pass all your songs to the Mac and sync your ipod. I did not had the slightest problem.
It's a great notebook.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
All Apple laptops have tons of problems, if you want no problems, go desktops. Haven't seen half as many complains so far regarding Minis or iMacs or Mac Pros...

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
I bought my MacBook around 3 weeks ago, though Coconut battery told me my Mac was 7 weeks old, thus now it is 10 weeks old according to Coconut battery. I've had absolutely no problems with it as of yet. They are amazing notebooks and probably the best computer I've ever owned in terms of style, design and function. I'd definitely recommend the 2.00ghz version though, so you can rip DVD's.

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
I bought my MacBook around 3 weeks ago, though Coconut battery told me my Mac was 7 weeks old, thus now it is 10 weeks old according to Coconut battery. I've had absolutely no problems with it as of yet. They are amazing notebooks and probably the best computer I've ever owned in terms of style, design and function. I'd definitely recommend the 2.00ghz version though, so you can burn DVD's.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
generik said:
All Apple laptops have tons of problems, if you want no problems, go desktops. Haven't seen half as many complains so far regarding Minis or iMacs or Mac Pros...

I wouldn't say all, but the first-generation Intel Mac laptops have had their fair share of problems, but that's expected when it's the first-generation of any product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.