Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kikobarbada

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Hello.

Currently I have a white Macbook connected to a 22in monitor. And they are both turned on. I have another 22in monitor but there are not two mini-dvi ports on the Macbook. How can I connect two external displays and close the macbook display? (1680x1050 each display, instead of 1680x1050 and 1280x800 like now).

Thanks, Kiko.

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
As for the USB option:

We have added new driver support for Hi-Resolution up to 1280X1024 at 16-bit Color.

And the Matrox suggestion:

The DualHead2Go supports resolutions up to 2560 x 1024 in 16.7M colors at 60Hz stretched across two displays.

Neither one of those will support the kind of resolution needed for 2 22" screens. I don't think there's any feasible way to do what the OP is asking.

MaddieBrad

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2007
New York City
This is the best thing to se for multiple monitors. This card allows up to 4 externals I think. USB doesn't have eough bandwidth and performance will suffer. This card uses your express card slot and is high bandwidth.

Click here for VTLink

b

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
This is the best thing to se for multiple monitors. This card allows up to 4 externals I think. USB doesn't have eough bandwidth and performance will suffer. This card uses your express card slot and is high bandwidth.

Click here for VTLink

b

people keep suggesting the VT card, but its PC Card, NOT express Card, so unless they have an express card version that i havent seen...it woulnt work.

compuguy1088

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
In the Sub-Basement of Solitude
I think Matrox has a unit called DualHead2Go that should help with what you are trying to do.

I would go with this, I've heard of it, and it would have the most bandwidth, though there may be a problem with max bandwidth, because the Macbook can only power such a certain size of a display. The DualHead2Go probably would work best with the MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.