Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slimmy18222

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2017
Italy
Hello, everybody. I need your help to figure out what is happening whit mine Macbook pro retina 13'' late 2012 (MacBookPro10,2 - A1425). If the camera connector is connected on logic board when I power on the mac I can hear the "chime" but the screen stay black. I can notice that there is actually backlight screen, but no image would popup (i haden't try to boot whit external display). If I disconnect the camera connector mac boot normally, screen work perfectly and so on, excluding camera obvusly that is not being detected. I figure out that problem was caused by camera when i tryed to disconnect and re-connet the screen connections becouse i was thinking about a dead video cable, but is not. What can i do to fix this problem?
Thank for any help.

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
Leave the camera disconnected or if needing it then get a new module to replace the defective one which prevents the functioning of the computer.

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
It sounds like something is shorted in the camera module. IMHO the Apple webcams are so bad they are not worth replacing. If you want a camera just get a Logitech or other 1080p USB webcam that will sit at the top of the screen. And an external camera has the advantages of being easy to disconnect to ensure it is not spying on you, and moving to a future MacBook because they all currently have terrible webcams.

Last edited:

slimmy18222

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2017
Italy
Thank you all for the answers. Unfortunately i guess it doesn't worth the effort open the retina display to change both cable and camera. There is any suggestion how to solve in a different way? Maybe something to check with a multimer. I've searched and someone tells that maybe ferrite beads are blown, but i'm not able to locate them the check for continuity

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.