Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingCornWallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2018
United States
EDIT: Forgot to format the USB Installer Drive as MBR. All problems now are fixed except for Intel HD 4000 (which is technically not supported by Windows 11)

Followed the guide here to get Windows 11 installed in UEFI mode on my 2nd SSD on Mid 2012 15" MacBook Pro (Non retina). The final step is using Brigadier to download bootcamp (along with spoofing MacPro7,1 for latest drivers). Had to run the installer from Drivers/Apple/BootCamp.msi. This did not install all the drivers though, so I grabbed the original drivers from inside the bootcamp assistant in macOS.

Back in Windows though it always bombs out and gives me an empty error message. I managed to manually install some drivers from the Drivers folder, and some more via Snappy Driver Installer, but the last two (really just one). I've identified the Bluetooth USB Host Controller and Intel HD 4000 driver are really just one driver, and trying to run the standalone installer in the Drivers folder causes Windows to restart.

I am also missing the BootCamp tray icon in windows. Other than that I think I have all the drivers. See pictures below.

How can I fix this?

Intel Driver Issue.png
BootCamp Error.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.