Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djtet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2003
Charleston, SC
I am wondering if anyone can tell me about their experiences with macconnection.com. I've been needing/wanting a new mac for a long time now but have issues with cash. While I basically can afford a cheaper mac right now I still want to get a deal! So I was looking at the refurbished single 1.25 G4 that macconnection.com is selling. I would like a dual but can't find a refurbished model, and $1599 (new) is a bit out of my price range. So I'm wondering...
Would this model come with any warranty?
Does it come with original CDs (osx)?
Does it include software that you would get w/ new machine?
Does it have original/new boxes?
Basically, I would love for anyone to share their experiences of macconnection...
Thanks!

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Any reseller that sells "refurbished" equipment, is accually selling refurbished equipment, same as you could get from the Apple Store. I'd suggest looking there before you commit.

Refurbished machines (from Apple) come with new wrappings, in a new box, with all CDs and Manuals. The name refurbished, basically means a used/dammaged/demo machine, that was completely restored to factory setting, with new equipment replacing any dammaged or over used components. Also, watch out for some phoney "refurbished" equipment. Sometimes its really just used, with no inspection, (farly common with PC makers) but Apple keeps a tight control over the "grey" market (used equipment sales). Unlike other companies, Apple usually buys up grey market deals, inspects, and reconditions, then resells for more than the grey market dealer.

TEG

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
This is the one for $1149 with the combo drive, 256MB RAM, Radeon 9000, 80GB (7200RPM) hard drive? It says Mac OS 10.2 is preinstalled, includes keyboard and mouse but no speakers. It doesn't say anything about manuals or disks. Maybe you could call them and ask.

This is a good deal. You're wise to be considering a tower rather than a less-expandable iMac.

djtet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2003
Charleston, SC
cubist...that is the tower i was looking at. and i did just call. the representative said that all cd's and manuals are included, but the catch is that only a 90 day reseller warranty applies. there is no 1year apple warranty. so if something was to happen after 90 days then i'd be screwed (unless i purchased applecare which i can't afford). also, if something did go wrong within the 90 days then i couldn't send it to apple...just macconnection! i'll just keep my eyes open.

thanks...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.