Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
It's now available from the App Store! Woohoo! :)

Edit: The app works just as in the new video. The "tilt" effect seems a bit more pronounced by default, but it's adjustable now. I haven't played with it enough to examine all its features, but after moving through four separate tables I got a low memory error. :/

Overall this is an amazing dice generator and will be really useful for a lot of games. It certainly will make Yahtzee a lot easier to play on the go.

Carnivor

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
I used a free dice app before i bought this one, mainly because of the unique eye candy!!!

The initial release was tbh a bit of a let down functionality wise, but let me say, the update has done it justice and it deserves to be at the top of the dice app pile!

Such additions as,

1, Stopping certain dice from rolling again
2, Dice roll history
3, arranging dice on the board
4, coins

The gui tweaks should suit most

i can flick through all layouts with out the mentioned memory error, perhaps an iphone slider on/off box styley selection set in the options for each layout (with dice formula retained if deselected). perhaps custom background and dice maps options? as future updates?

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
Talk about an ugly new UI, laggy, horribly unpolished graphics and flawed menu transitions.

njpodder

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
I think my favorite thing about the new version (Because let's face it, it is way improved over v1.0) is that you can adjust the 3d effect sensitivity. Personally, I have it turned almost all the way off. It's a neat feature, but not only do the dice adjust to your viewpoint, but the background shakes like crazy. Much more polished turned off, if you ask me.

Ability to really make this app your own is just another testament to how much this program shines. I admit I am not crazy about all of the new backgrounds, but I love that it saves my settings between each, so I can keep one screen up for Roll type A, one for roll type B, etc.

Mach, you have really outdone yourself, congratulations on a fantastic update, and thanks for your dedication.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.