Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tongacabrera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2022
Hi, I bought a 1MB Macintosh Plus a few years ago and it worked wonders. Yesterday I wanted to make it work to show it to my children but it only shows a sad mac error "01FC00". I have read in forums and discovered a list of errors but I cannot interpret what my specific problem is. I will be very grateful if someone gives me their help. Greetings!

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
The error code indicates a ROM error.

However, whilst it could be a failed ROM chip or poor connectivity from the ROM to it's socket, it could also be the 5 volt rail has dipped below it's nominal range.

If you have a multimeter, you may be able to adjust the voltage, unless there is a severe problem with the power supply.

You should also check the battery compartment for a leaked battery or corroded battery contacts.

You can check the voltage without removing the case using the floppy drive port. Use the outer shell of the connector as ground (black probe) and check both the +5volt and +12volt with the positive (red probe).

full

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.